Non-Employee Form Completion
Responsible: Access Coordinator
- Access Coordinator completes SCCA Non-Employee Action Form.
- Access Coordinator clicks on “Submit to Sponsor” button and sends email with completed Non-Employee Action Form to Sponsor for approval
- Access Coordinator clicks on “E-mail Instructions” button and sends email with instructions on next steps directly to Non-Employee
- If the Non-Employee requires access to system applications, Access Coordinator clicks on "UAA Request Form" button
- When UAA form is complete, Access Coordinator clicks on “Submit for Approval” and sends email with attached UAA form directly to Sponsor for approval.
Non-Employee Sponsor Approval
- If Non-Employee relationship is approved, Sponsor forwards completed Action Form with 'Approved' to Fred Hutch / SCCA Employee Service Center, email@example.com.
- If applicable, Sponsor forwards approved UAA form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-Employee receives 'Next Steps' email from Access Coordinator including link to Non-Employee paperwork online.
- If working onsite at SCCA, Non-Employee must also complete Self-Guided Orientation packet (included in the on-site Non-Employee paperwork).
- Non-Employee submits required documentation to Human Resources in person or by email at email@example.com.
Non-Employee Action and UAA Form Processing
Responsible: HR, UAA
- HR receives approved Non-Employee Action Form from Sponsor.
- HR Receives all requried documentation from Non-Employee.
- HR creates Employee ID. UAA team receives feed of new users and processes user access requests.
- HR and UAA confirm task completion with Sponsor and Access Coordinator.
SCCA Non-Employee Access Guidelines
- SCCA Non-Employees must be sponsored by their primary institution.
- SCCA Non-Employee Sponsors must be the direct SCCA supervisor or a Sponsor from the Approved List of Non-SCCA Sponsors.
- Choose the non-employee category and business title that reflects the Non-Employee's role at SCCA, not necessarily their business title at their primary employer.
- Use drop-down values to designate SCCA category / business title, whenever possible. Fill-ins will be reviewed.
- On-Site Supervisor is required for all SCCA Non-Employees working in an SCCA owned or operated building. For SCCA, FHCRC, and UW employees, the On-Site supervisor is defined as the employee's direct supervisor at their primary institution.
- Access Coordinator is defined as the person designated to complete the Non-Employee Action and UAA forms as well as the main point of contact regarding the non-employee's need for access.
- "Face-to-face interaction with patients" is defined as incidental patient contact such as reception, scheduling, riding in an elevator, etc.
- "Involved in direct patient care" is defined as physical contact with a patient including consenting a patient, taking blood pressure, retrieving samples.
- Review notification date for non-employee must be within one year of their start date. This date will be used to audit the Non-Employee relationship. Extension requests will be assessed at that time.
- Non-Employees must adhere to all SCCA policies and procedures.
If you require additional information or have questions, please contact Human Resources, 206.667.4700.