Non-Employee Form Completion
Responsible: Access Coordinator
- Access Coordinator completes SCCA Non-Employee Action Form
- Access Coordinator clicks on “Submit to Sponsor” button and sends email with completed Non-Employee Action Form to Sponsor for approval
- Access Coordinator clicks on “E-mail Instructions” button and sends email with instructions on next steps directly to Non-Employee
- If the Non-Employee requires access to system applications, Access Coordinator clicks on "UAA Request Form" button
- When UAA form is complete, Access Coordinator clicks on “Submit for Approval” and sends email with attached UAA form directly to Sponsor for approval.
Non-Employee Sponsor Approval
- ***New Process as of August 6, 2018*** When Non-Employee relationship is approved, Sponsor forwards completed Action Form with 'Approved' to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each form requires a separate email. The submitter and those copied on the email will now receive an email and tracking number when the form has been submitted and when the request has been completed.
- If applicable, Sponsor forwards approved UAA form to email@example.com.
- Non-Employee receives 'Next Steps' email from Access Coordinator including link to Non-Employee paperwork online.
- If working onsite at SCCA, Non-Employee must also complete Self-Guided Orientation packet (included in the on-site Non-Employee paperwork).
- Non-Employee submits required documentation to Human Resources in person or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Employee Action and UAA Form Processing
Responsible: HR, UAA
- HR receives approved Non-Employee Action Form from Sponsor.
- HR Receives all requried documentation from Non-Employee.
- HR creates Employee ID. UAA team receives feed of new users and processes user access requests.
- HR and UAA confirm task completion with Sponsor and Access Coordinator.
SCCA Non-Employee Access Guidelines
- SCCA Non-Employees must be sponsored by their primary institution.
- SCCA Non-Employee Sponsors must be the direct SCCA supervisor or a Sponsor from the Approved List of Non-SCCA Sponsors.
- Choose the non-employee category and business title that reflects the Non-Employee's role at SCCA, not necessarily their business title at their primary employer.
- Use drop-down values to designate SCCA category / business title, whenever possible. Fill-ins will be reviewed.
- On-Site Supervisor is required for all SCCA Non-Employees working in an SCCA owned or operated building. For SCCA, FHCRC, and UW employees, the On-Site supervisor is defined as the employee's direct supervisor at their primary institution.
- Access Coordinator is defined as the person designated to complete the Non-Employee Action and UAA forms as well as the main point of contact regarding the non-employee's need for access.
- "Face-to-face interaction with patients" is defined as incidental patient contact such as reception, scheduling, riding in an elevator, etc.
- "Involved in direct patient care" is defined as physical contact with a patient including consenting a patient, taking blood pressure, retrieving samples.
- Review notification date for non-employee must be within one year of their start date. This date will be used to audit the Non-Employee relationship. Extension requests will be assessed at that time.
- Non-Employees must adhere to all SCCA policies and procedures.
If you require additional information or have questions, please contact Human Resources, 206.667.4700.